Join the Central Washington Fair Association Team in Yakima and be part of creating memories. This new position will report directly to the CEO.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience plus BenefitsAbout:
State Fair Park is home of the Central Washington State Fair, Yakima Valley SunDome and Yakima County Baseball Stadium. This 125-acre campus is the largest multi-purpose venue in Central Washington, hosting over 200 events annually. The annual Fair has been in existence for over 128 years celebrating the heritage of the Yakima Valley.Summary:
Responsible for developing and executing short and long-term marketing and communication strategies and tactics to accomplish organization’s objectives. Ensure the organization is positioned for continual revenue attainment, positioned positively in the community, and leads efforts to drive innovation supporting the mission of the Central Washington Fair Association.
Responsible for all aspects of the organization’s marketing, branding, advertising, social media, digital marketing, website, market research and communications/public relations. Oversight of the event sales, education, exhibits and entertainment departments. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies that position the organization to maximize market share, revenues and return on investment in the areas of facility rental, annual production of the Central Washington State Fair and specialty entertainment and event offerings year-round.
- Oversight of education exhibits and entertainment functions and staff to drive year-round and fair time programming focusing on community involvement and leveraging the community in the Yakima Valley.
- Oversight of all event sales functions and sales staff to drive revenues for fair time and year-round.
- Work collaboratively with contracted advertising agency as needed, to assist in development of advertising and marketing/communication initiatives.
- Drive creative process for annual fair theme development.
- Plan, formulate, deploy and analyze market research and data collection to identify opportunities for existing and future products/events.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters and related communication materials.
- Oversees photo archiving.
- Coordinates artist promotion including media interviews, concert photography, fan meet and greets and other promotional guest contests/events.
- Assist in the development and promotional pricing strategies based on historical performance and future organizational financial goals.
- Work with contracted advertising agency to coordinate media night for annual fair as well as all advanced fair promotions.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty and brand awareness in a fun and engaging manner telling the Central Washington Fair Association story.
- Oversight of website management, content and analytics.
- Create intern program to assist in fair time communication outreach specifically to support, promote and engage all fair partners, finding story ideas and assist partners in managing their social media.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Continually evaluate, expand and develop marketing platforms to ensure marketing and projects are as effectively delivered as possible. Monitor best industry practices.
- Collaborate and support internal teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Engage with stakeholders to conceptualize and develop cross promotions and collaborative marketing opportunities to promote all activities at State Fair Park.
- Assist in developing and implement partnership strategies with stakeholders in the education and agriculture industry.
- Assist in developing fair-time and year-round programming that will drive community engagement and involvement focusing on the rich heritage of the Yakima Valley.
- Maintain and develop new qualified, niche business profile databases and collateral to maximize direct marketing communications and ROI.
- Create annual Marketing, Sales, Advertising and Communications budget and track expenses to ensure items are on target with projections.
- Participate and frequently make presentations at internal and external meetings, events, conventions, industry conferences and tradeshows.
- An energetic leader who realizes that in today’s world the guest’s extraordinary experience is key to success.
Must possess the ability to work well with others at all levels, be creative, innovative, professional, organized, attentive to detail and can work cohesively with many partners and internal departments. Must have the ability to multi-task projects, while working within tight time constraints. Must have excellent copywriting and writing skills, familiar with web site management and analytics.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or equivalent; and a minimum of five years industry experience in the field of marketing, sales, communication or digital marketing. Education requirements may be substituted for documented relevant work experience. Ideal candidate will have an understanding and/or work experience in the areas of market research, advertising, branding, graphic design principles, financial management, communication. Must have a proven background in marketing and sales principles, as well as promotions and special events management. In addition, possess a good understanding of financial principles, to include budgeting experience, knowledge of website/email management, social media, interactive, design and e-commerce functions.Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.Math Ability:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, and basic math skills.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge to operate computers and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.Supervisory Responsibilities:
Directly supervise two full time employees, interns and seasonal staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.To Apply:
Please submit your resume with cover letter outlining your experience and accomplishments related to this opportunity. Apply by February 21, 2020. Email to email@example.com or mail to CWFA, Attention: Erin, 1301 South Fair Avenue, Yakima, WA 98901