An exciting opportunity to join the Central Washington Fair Association team in Yakima and be part of creating memories. Central Washington Fair Association is a non-profit that operates State Fair Park, owned by the County of Yakima.About:
State Fair Park, is home of the Central Washington State Fair, Yakima SunDome and Yakima County Baseball Stadium. This 125-acre campus is the largest multi-purpose venue in Central Washington, hosting over 200 events annually. The annual 10- day Fair has been in existence for over 128 years celebrating the heritage of the Yakima Valley.Summary:
Responsible for oversight of day to day event operations, facility, maintenance and landscaping functions, and all physical resources and buildings. Oversight and development of capital expenditure budgets and projects and supervision of staff within this Department.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee special projects, such as construction, remodeling/renovation, upgrading physical and major systems or expansion of facilities.
- Develop and implement staff training procedures for operational areas.
- Develop a prioritized plan to address outstanding deferred maintenance issues.
- Ensure proper processes and tracking are in place for asset management.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and risk management.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental and energy agencies and government agencies as assigned.
- Create environmental management program initiatives, such as water conservation, green initiatives, cost savings for utility services, etc.
- Lead by example by demonstrating ethical leadership and counsel and provide timely and accurate performance feedback.
- Ensure ongoing conversations with staff for succession planning. Create developmental opportunities for internal qualified candidates for succession planning at all levels within work group.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure goals and objectives of department are met and ensure open line of communication.
- Manage staff work schedules and work deployment to support proper planning for fair and year- round events ensuring that labor expenses are within budget.
- Plan and direct outside vendors/contractors work to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
- Maintains annual inspections and certifications of all facility systems and equipment.
- Create and manage annual capital and department(s) operating budgets.
- Formulate operating strategies and procedures to maximize profits, efficiency and customer service.
- Documentation and enforcement of company’s operating procedures and policies, including personnel policies, performance and salary reviews.
- Oversees safety, security and parking operations and contracts for these areas.
- Directs all safety and emergency response training, oversees annual fire drills and emergency response exercises.
A combination of education – Bachelor’s Degree in related area and/or technical college with appropriate certification along with a minimum of five years’ experience. Experience can be substituted for education and prefer candidate with work experience in facility, events and/or hospitality or large commercial operation with management oversight of an operational portfolio, construction knowledge, project management and development of operation and capital budgets.Competencies:
- Ability to adopt customer service practices to all areas of oversight.
- Experience in developing scope of work for complex contracts and understanding of RFP process.
- Budget preparation, analysis, variance reporting and cost control.
- Comprehensive understanding of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations as well as working knowledge of Fire, Safety, EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, LABOR and INDUSTRY and ADA rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and customer service skills
- Ability to work outside the normal business day/week as demanded by events and programs.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information successfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Computer proficiency including Word, Office and Excel. CAD experience would be helpful. Basic math and accounting principles.Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee may be required to stand on their feet for long periods of time and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
This is a salaried position and will be commensurate with education and/or experience plus benefits. This position will report directly to the CEO.Please submit your resume with cover letter outlining your experience and accomplishments related to this opportunity. Email your resume and cover letter to Erin Baldoz or mail your resume and cover letter to CWFA, Attention: Erin, 1301 South Fair Avenue, Yakima WA 98901. Apply by April 30, 2020.